10 TIPS FOR PERFECTLY HOUSE TRAINED PUPPIES,BY LEE DOBBINS
Every dog can learn to do his “business” outside and it is up to the owner to learn how to properly train his dog. It is best to start the training at as early an age as possible and remember to always treat your pet with kindness - yelling at him and rubbing his nose in his accidents will only make him afraid of you.
These tips can help you get a perfectly house trained puppy in no time!
1. Establish a toilet area and make sure the puppy has unrestricted access to that area at all times.
2. When you are at home, take the puppy to the toilet area every 45 minutes.
3. When you are not at home or cannot supervise the puppy, it‘s important to make sure they puppy cannot have an accident. This means confining him to a small area that is puppy proofed and has a toilet area.
4. Make sure the toilet area does not resemble anything in your home. Training the puppy to eliminate on concrete, blacktop, grass or dirt is a good idea. The puppy should never be encouraged to eliminate on anything that resembles the hardwood flooring, tile or carpet he may encounter in a home.
5. Keep your puppy on a consistent feeding schedule. Feeding him at the same time every day will help to get him to eliminate at the same time.
6. Try using a crate. Since puppies will not want to soil their bed area, you can try using the crate to keep him on schedule.
7. Make sure you reward your puppy and give him lots of praise when he does use the toilet area. He will repeat the behavior if he starts to associate using the toilet area with good things, like treats, toys and praise from his owner.
8. Do not punish or yell at your puppy when he has an accident. This will only make him afraid of you and will not get you any closer to your goal.
9. Don’t give your puppy the run of the house until he is thouroughly house trained. Keep him confined in his crate or secluded in an area.
10. Be patient and persitent and your puppy will learn to do his business outside in no time!. FOR MORE INFO WWW.HMJAN.COM